Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, and deploying software applications for computer vision and robotics (especially DL and RL)
- 7+ years of professional software development and test experience with fluency in C/C++.
- Proven track record of Robot Operating System (ROS) development and experience is a must.
- Strong design, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with large scale image evaluation and performance testing.
- Well organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, with an energetic and proactive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with researchers and developers.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Canada and to USA, Japan, and possibly other
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with software development tools, source control, issue tracking, continuous integration, code coverage
- Advanced skills in GPU and/or OpenCL programming.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial and collaborative robots.
- Understanding and practical experience with procedures for mechatronics system calibrations, including camera calibration.
- Understanding and practical experience with optical systems and lighting.