Database Administrator Consultant from MoH Cluster: Health Services Cluster
Ministry: Ministry of Health
Assignment Name: Panorama BO & PEAR Reporting
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: Wednesday, September 09, 2020
Anticipated Assignment End Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
The Public Health I&IT Solutions (PHS) Branch develops and implements innovative I+IT solutions to modernize and improve public health in Ontario so that Ontario's public health units/regional public health entities can improve delivery of mandatory public health programs and services. These services encompass the provision of immunization services, seniors’ dental health program, control of infectious diseases, disease and injury prevention, safe drinking water, school health services and tobacco inspection programs, as prescribed in the Ontario Public Health Standards.
· Manage ministry-supported public health solutions, with a goal of streamlining and better integrating public health technology solutions within the public health sector and with the broader digital health sector.
· Contribute to a Public Health Digital Strategy for an integrated, interoperable ecosystem of public health IT solutions across the scope of public health practice, which also interface with broader health sector digital health assets.
· Advance strategic and legislative transformation initiatives (e.g., Digital First, Red Tape Reduction etc.)
The Digital Health Immunization Repository (DHIR) houses the Panorama modules (Immunization and Inventory), extensions and interfaces (e.g., PEAR Reporting, PHIX, STIX, and Immunization Forecaster) and the Integrated Public Health Information System (iPHIS).
The Panorama Enhanced Analytic Reporting (PEAR) solution of the DHIR supports operational, compliance and immunization coverage reporting, and a means to better understand vaccine inventory patterns and wastage. The solution consists of reporting tools for school cohort list management, identity validation, client-record matching and duplicate record management. Since March 2015, more data scope and new analytical functions have been continually added to the PEAR solution.
The Business Object (BO) Reporting tool supports the development and maintenance of 29 Panorama critical reports for immunization, 44 reports for inventory, as well as audit reports, and the implementation of fixes in reporting as per defects found by business and as per Panorama changes.
The Database Administrator, Level 3 is required to support and maintain the PEAR and BO Reporting components of the DHIR solution. This includes modifying the underlying components of PEAR and BO solutions to conform to vendor upgrade releases of the Panorama product, business requirement changes as well as specialized support for the overall DHIR solution. The resource will create physical database designs, and operate and administer the database management system (DBMS) including database optimization, performance tuning, backup and recovery. The DBA will be required to provide installation, administration, fine-tuning and support for SAP Business objects, Cognos BI, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Goldengate and Oracle Active data guard.
1.4 CLIENT’S REQUIREMENTS
Request for Services
Scope of Services and Deliverables - The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
· Develop, test, support and maintain all underlying components of the PEAR application, including Golden gate, Cognos and Informatica across all environments
· Work on BO Reports development and maintenance to conform to vendor upgrade releases to cater to business requirements in Development and Testing Environment (DTE) first to make sure the solution is robust enough to promote to Pre-production Environment (PPE) and Production
· Assist with any performance/functionality issues arising due to recent releases of code to production and proactively implement changes to avoid recurrence
· Create physical database designs
· Operate and administer the database management system (DBMS) including database optimization, performance tuning, backup and recovery
· Operate and administer Cognos, BO, Informatica and LDAP servers.
· Support and troubleshooting server/system issues related to Cognos, BO, Informatica, LDAP and Oracle DBs
· Develop and maintain data design models, database schemas and scripts, technical documentation and specifications
· Provide build books/deployment guides for the deployment to higher environments
· Assist in change initiatives in planning for data / database design, database setup, migration, optimization and tuning, capacity planning, data conversion and other development and implementation-related activities
· Produce data and database management project plans. Develop and obtain approval for detailed plans and resource estimates
· Provide specialized technical expertise in database administration, data warehouse design, data modeling, Extraction, Transformation & Load (ETL), information management, BI solution design, development and maintenance
· Provide Database (Oracle technologies & products) expertise for troubleshooting, problem resolution and performance tuning of the production solutions in operation
· Provide professional opinions and recommendations for technical issues, management, briefings, etc., and provide expertise, offer solutions and lead implementation of approved recommendations
· Coordinate with Oracle support, Informatica support and Cognos support in opening tickets and providing information to find solutions and root cause analysis of ongoing issues
Work Location – 5700 Yonge Street -bigteddy(SmallPond) 2020-8-18Database Administrator Consultant from MoH